Monday, April 11, 2016

Beachy Beginnings

If you have read my previous posts, you know we are getting ready to move.  What you may not know, is how many times we've done this before. My husband is in the Air Force which means we move and we move often.  We started in AZ, then moved to GA, TX, SD, CA, AZ and now we prepare for VA. That's 6 different states in 13 years of marriage. Whew!

But this move is different.  Hubbs will be able to retire from VA, and if we like it and the kids are settled… we can stay put! This just might be the last move, you guys!  Just maybe.  It's exciting on a personal level, for sure.  To be able to make friends that we don't have to say goodbye to is a foreign concept for us. And to think we can put down roots while the kids are still young? Craziness. But it's almost more exciting professionally. I've had to start this photography business over with each move. Each time I say goodbye to friends, I also say goodbye to my clients (who always seem to become friends too!).  This time, however, I can really focus on growing this business without knowing in the back of my mind that I'll be leaving soon, and having to start from scratch yet again.

Don't get me wrong, though! I have loved moving around and getting to experience so many different parts of our country. We literally have friends scattered across the globe. I wouldn't change it for anything.  Of all the places we were stationed, California is my very favorite. We lived in Los Angeles, on a hill overlooking the ocean.  Our kids were babies there (one was born there).  We spent many evenings and even some playdates with friends at Disneyland.  The beach was 5 minutes away.  There was always something fun to do, and we had the greatest friends to do it with.  I began my photography business there.  My first clients were my friends who were nice enough to let me practice on them!  I quickly fell in love with beach photography… right before they moved us to the desert!  Typical, right?! ;)
So today, as I reminisce, I'd like to share some of my favorite beach photos with you. Can you tell why I loved it so much?









1 comment:

  1. Photographing at the beach is the best! Good luck on your move!

    ReplyDelete